Collection of personal data
At times, you may be required to provide your personal data to us when you apply to us and/or continue to subscribe with us for any service and/or product. If your personal data is incomplete or incorrect, we may not be able to provide or continue to provide the services to you.
If you are under the age of 18, consent from your parent or guardian is required before you provide us with any personal data.
When we collect your personal data, we will provide you with a Personal Information Collection Statement (“PICS”) on or before the collection in an appropriate format and manner (e.g. in the same paper form or web page that collects the personal data).
When you visit our websites, we will record your visit only and will not collect any personal data from you unless otherwise stated. Cookies used (if any) in any part of our websites will not be deployed for collecting personal data. For your information, Cookies are small computer files that can be stored in web surfers' computers for the purposes of obtaining configuration information and analyzing web surfers' viewing habits. You may refuse to accept Cookies by modifying the relevant Internet options or browsing preferences of your computer system, but to do so you may not be able to utilize or activate certain available functions in our websites.
Use of personal data collected
Specific purposes for which your personal data may be used are set out in our "Personal Information Collection Statement" set out in the same paper form or web page that collects the personal data. Without your prior consent, we will not use this data in other purposes and/or sell it to other third parties.
We may use and retain the personal data provided by you for the following purposes and for other purposes as shall be agreed between you and us or required by law from time to time:
- 1. Processing of your service application, and provisioning of the services;
- 2. Subject to your consent, we may use your personal data for marketing the relevant goods and/or services. We may dispatch to you the promotional information via direct marketing telephone calls, e-mail, e-message1 , facsimile, direct mailings etc.
- 3. Processing of any benefits for you arising out of the services;
- 4. Processing of any payment instructions, direct debit facilities and/or credit facilities requested by you;
- 5. Facilitating the daily operation of your account, provisioning of customer services and/or the collection of overdue amounts in your account in relation to the services;
- 6. Enabling us to perform any obligations on interconnection or conform with other industry practices, or to comply with any requests stipulated by governmental or regulatory authorities; and
- 7. Enabling us in prevention of crime.
Data access and correction
Under the Ordinance, you have the right to:
- 1. Check whether we hold any of your personal data;
- 2. Access your personal data held by us;
- 3. Request us to correct any inaccurate personal data held by us; and
- 4. Ascertain our policies and practices established (from time to time) in relation to personal data and the types of personal data held by us.
If you want to access and/or correct your personal data which you have given us via application form, internet or other means, or if you want to ascertain our policies and practices in relation to personal data and the kind of your personal data held by us, please contact our Data Protection Officer in writing, we will respond within 30 days after receiving the request. We may charge you a reasonable fee for each personal data access. However, such fee will be waived if the data access is made for the purpose of correcting your personal data.
Security of personal data
We restrict your personal data to only be accessed by our authorized personnel. Our staff are required to strictly adhere to our Internal Guidelines on Record Retention and Access to Personal Data. Although we try our best to retain, use and/or transmit customers' personal data and put in place adequate measures to protect it from accidental and/or unauthorized disclosure, modifications, loss and/or destruction, we cannot guarantee that the transmission is fully secure. Since internet is not an inherently secure environment for communications, internet security is not solely a technical issue. Knowledge on security of personal and transaction data as well as general measure are equally important. In most cases imprudent transmission and handling of sensitive data such as confidential documents, password, personal identifiers etc. would facilitate unauthorized access by hackers.
We may refer to some service providers operated by third party merchants on our website. Please note that once the information that you provided is transferred to the relevant merchant, it will be beyond our control and thus outside the scope of protection afforded by us.
Should you have any enquiries concerning this Statement, please feel free to contact us via: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Update: Sept 1, 2014